Thursday, November 12, 2009

TDD is hard

Writing the tests isn't the hard part. At least not for me. It's when you have them. I often find myself do my refactorings first and then correct the tests to work again once refactoring is done.

How do you work with refactoring in a TDD project?

Another hard part is to stop writing the tests - to find the decent level where you have good tests and remain productive. I could spend an entire day writing tests to validate some data, but that wouldn't be very productive. Probably 15 minutes may produce the code needed with just a small number of tests - adding more tests would make sure that even more cases work, but they all probably do from the start.

When do you settle and think a test is good enough and move on to the next function?

No comments:

Post a Comment